XBSS Institution Pages Concerning COVID-19
Mount St. Joseph High School*
Nazareth Regional High School
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
St. Bernard’s School*
St. John’s High School
St. John’s Preparatory School
St. Mary’s Ryken*
St. Xavier High School
Xavier High School
Xaverian Brothers High School*
Xaverian High School
*Currently do not have exclusive Covid-19 pages on school websites as of 03/23/2020
XBSS Network Distance Learning and Ministry Resources
- Pioneers Online – St. John’s High School in Shrewsbury, MA posts daily prayer for its school community along with introductory materials to online learning
- Self-Care Resources – St. John’s High School in Shrewsbury, MA has compiled this google doc with resources for self-care, meditation, and prayer for its school community.
Distance Learning Resources
- California Department of Education – California’s Department of Education has developed a website with extensive resources that promote distance learning strategies in all aspects of school life.
- Sacred Heart Schools – This google doc outlines the Sacred Heart Schools Network’s flexibility plan for continued instruction. Provides detailed instruction on how to get schools up and running in a remote environment.
Remote Ministry Resources
Xaverian Charism and Spirituality
- Living the Charism – Reflections writing by Bro. John Hamilton, CFX concerning our Catholic Faith and Xaverian Charism
- John is currently in Rome helping with the formation of Xaverian novices preparing for final vows. He is not updating this site as regularly.
- Xaverian Brothers YouTube – Videos recorded with Xaverian Brothers from around the globe discussing their ministry as Brothers and the charism of the Congregation.
- Xaverian Resource Library – Online resource library for documents relating the Xaverian Charism and history of the Congregation
COVID-19 Ministry Resources
- AMDG Podcast: A Priest Locked Down in Italy during the COVID-19 Outbreak – About two weeks ago, before Italy’s national lockdown, Fr. Paddy Gilger, SJ, traveled to Milan — epicenter of Europe’s coronavirus outbreak to this pointHost Mike Jordan Laskey talks to Paddy about the mood in the city plus how as Christians we can respond to fear with compassion and hope.
- Ignatian Solidarity Network – A social justice organization rooted in the Ignatian Tradition. This site has links to Covid-19 prayers and reflections as well as links to Jesuit school webpages addressing Covid-19 communications.
- A Prayer Amid an Epidemic – A prayer from America Magazine written for the Covid-19 pandemic.
Online Mediations, Contemplations, and Prayer Resources
- Loyola Press’s 3 Minute Retreat – Self-paced guided contemplations based on relevant themes for the day and scripture readings.
- Pause for Prayer – Recorded reflections and contemplations by the Jesuits in Britain
- Pray as you Go Podcast – Daily podcast with reflection and contemplation on daily scripture readings.
- Creighton University’s Online Ministries – A variety of online ministry materials including daily reflections for lent, weekly prayer guides, online retreats, etc.
- Prayer and Worship – Provided by the USCCB, this site introduces readers to a variety of types of prayer in the Catholic tradition
- Laudate– Comprehensive free application to enhance your faith life. Stand out features are the Daily Liturgy of the Hours prayers as well as the interactive rosary.
- Hallow– A Catholic meditation application that includes Lectio Divina, Examen, Rosary, and Stations. The prayer challenges and daily reminders are popular features.
- Formed– A resource for Catholic movies, programs, audiobooks and ebooks. It is currently free for all.
- Magnificat– Readings and prayers and meditations for each day. Currently free for all.
Lenten Prayer Resources
- Lent Madness – An NCAA style bracket that highlights the lives of various saints and asks participants to vote their favorite Saint forward.
- Jesuit School of Theology at Berkley – Daily reflections written by professors, students, and Jesuits from the Jesuit School of Theology in Berkley, California
- Ignatian Solidarity Network – Daily Lenten reflections rooted in Ignatian spirituality and social justice.
- Best Lent Ever– Subscribers receive daily video content to their email. Relevant reflections produced by Mathew Kelly’s company, Dynamic Catholic.
- Virtual Retreat: Christ, Our Light in the Darkness. This is a five night retreat with Cardinal Sean O’Malley on March 23rd through March 27th at 7pm ET. Retreat will stream nightly on CatholicTV, as well as bostoncatholic.org
- XBSS News Letter – March 23, 2020